What is a facelift?
Facelift in Poland is a surgical procedure whose objective is to make you look younger and eliminate the signs of aging, for example wrinkles and lines. Alternatives of this procedure may be botox incjection.
What are the sings of aging?
With time, our skin undergoes a drastic change. This may include:
- wrinkles and lines
- age spots
- hollow cheeks
- skin lacking elasticity
Procedure Anesthetic Recovery apartment MHA Price UK Price Savings Go to Facial Cosmetic Procedures Full Facelift General 4-5 days £1579
What skin imperfections can be eliminated by the facelift?
Facelift procedure can eliminate the following issues:
- the sagging of the middle areas of the face
- bags under your eyes
- creases under lower eyelids
- lines along the nose
- sagging skin
- displaced fat
- skin lacking elasticity
What does the facelift procedure look like?
The incisions made by the plastic surgeon will be adjusted to your individual requirements. They may be placed within the hairline, behind or in front of your ears, etc. The skin is then pulled up and back and the skin excess is removed. This will make you face look supple and young.
How should I prepare myself for the procedure?
The first step is to choose a surgeon who will explain all the details during the consultation. They will examine your medical history in detail and inspect the condition of your skin, bones, wrinkles and hairline. The doctor will also discuss the treatment and answer all your questions. Prior to the facelift surgery, you will have to resign from some medicines and substances which may increase bleeding. The surgeon will inform you of those, so make sure that you mention all the substances you take. Some doctors will advise you to take some medicine prior to the procedure, which will eliminate swelling and bruising after the treatment. You will definitely have to quit smoking.
What are the possible complications of facelift?
Facelift involves risk like any other surgical procedure. The potential complications may include:
- bleeding or blood gathering under the skin
- discoloration of skin
- fat necrosis
- face contour irregularities
- fluid gathering
- hair loss
- nerve injury
- skin loss
- vein thrombosis.
Are there different types of facelift?
The types of the facelift in Poland differ in terms of:
- types of incisions
- face area where the incisions are made
- degree of invasiveness
- the number of skin layers treated.
Some of the most common types include:
- The SMAS Lift- in this procedure all those tissues which tend to become lax and sag with age are lifted. These include the top layers of the skin as well as the deeper face and neck tissues. This type of face lift is best for people at the age of 45 and older, with lax neck and sagging face. It involves a longer procedure, scarring and a longer recovery time. Nevertheless, it is one of the best and the safest types.
- The Deep Plane Lift– this procedure is similar to the SMAS Lift, although the surgeon will go even deeper than in the case of SMAS. During the surgery, skin may be removed and muscles are reshaped. It is the best type for older people with advanced face and neck laxity. The advantage is that the facelift is long-lasting (10-15 years). It causes changes in the appearance of the whole face including cheeks, nose, mouth and chin. The disadvantage is that the procedure is more
serious than the others so the healing process is also longer. The risk of nerve injury is higher, since the surgeon operates close to the nerves.
- The Short Scar facelift– in this procedure a S-shape incision which does not reach the back of the ear is usually made. It is best for younger people (in their 40s or 50s), who do not need their neck skin lifted and have minimal imperfections to cater to. The type involves less swelling and bruising as well as shorter recovery time, which is an advantage. What is more, the small scar is almost invisible so you can easily wear your hair pulled back. The disadvantage of this type of face lift is that lax skin in the lower parts of the face and neck may not be eliminated.
- Endoscopic facelift– this procedure is carried out by the use of an endoscope which films the situation under the skin so that the surgeon can monitor everything on the screen. During the treatment a few small incisions in the hairline or behind the ears are made. This type of the face lift is recommended to the patients with no sagging neck and a small amount of excess skin. The advantage of this treatment is the fact that the risk of nerve damage is smaller, the bleeding and the swelling are not so heavy and the patients are usually able to return to their work after a week. The disadvantage is that the neck appearance cannot be improved by the use of an endoscope.
- Mid-Face Lift– in this type of the Face Lift, the incisions are made both in the hairline and inside the mouth. The procedure works on nose to mouth lines and it improves sagging cheeks. It is similar to SMAS because of the involvement of the deeper tissues. It is recommended to the patients at the age of 40 to 50 with saggy cheeks and lax nesolabial area. The treatment involves minimal risk but it offers very subtle improvements.
- The Thread Lift/ The Feather Lift– this procedure is usually considered to be a non surgical facelift. It consists in making sutures, which gather the skin and move it upward. The skin is not cut nor eliminated. It is for people who at the age of 30 to 40 who do not need big improvements. The price of the procedure is reasonable and the treatment can be performed under local anaesthesia. However, the treatment is not very effective, as it just improves the situation until a more serious lift is necessary.
You will stay in Poland for a week, and in the clinic – for 2 days after the procedure.
Some swelling and discomfort may appear after the procedure, as well as the pain, which will be eased with pain killers. Some bruising will also occur. You should avoid strenuous activity for 4-6 weeks. Wait with social events until the swelling stops, which should happen within 2 weeks. If you intend to participate in an important event like a wedding etc, you should decide on the facelift at least 3 months beforehand.
Clean and modern clinic in Warsaw!
"Coming from the UK to Poland for surgery was a bit daunting, however the professionalism, skill and knowledge of the surgeon put my mind at ease, I knew I was in good hands. The clinic its self was outstanding, it was clean and modern. The staff where wonderful and I am very happy with the level if care i received. So far I am delighted with my results, and pleased with the level of aftercare. I would defiantly use Beutypoland and the Clinic again."
Plastic Surgery Clinic in Warsaw
"Just a short mail to thank you and the Dr. for all the help with my procedure (also the staff at the clinic who were very friendly). It has been over 2 weeks now and I am extremely satisfied with the results. The scars is minimal and the effect as desired. Also the email correspondence was always fast and courteous."
Brad P., Germany
Plastic Surgery Clinic in Warsaw
"My experience was very positive. Everything about this clinic is so professional. I was well looked after and my doctor took a real interest in my treatment making sure everything went smoothly. The end result was perfect, even better than I expected. Should I need any treatment in the future I will certainly go back. I couldn?t recommend this clinic highly enough."
Paula T., Ireland
Informative and caring staff!
Courteous and professional service!
Get the insurance for treatment abroad: